Monday 21 November 2011

Java: Texas Hold Em (6)

Short one today, I wanted to make a Player class, but realized I'd probably need a Client class to handle the, well, client for the player(s), so I'm putting that off.

I could work on the Client, but who wants to think on a Monday? I could work on the Table that the players "sit" at, but that requires players, and I'll be damned if I'm working on the GUI before a huge chunk (all?) of the functionality is complete. This leaves very few things for me to look at. From what I can think of, something to handle the evaluation of the hands, to determine who wins, and the actual Actions a player can take.


It seems like the Action class will be the shortest, since it'll just be an enumeration with a couple of parameters, so I'll get on that tomorrow. Honestly, thinking of what required what and how I'd go about it (though I have a feeling I'm wrong about a lot) took longer than it appears given the paragraph and a half above :P Quite enough time out of my busy schedule for today!

See you tomorrow!

5 comments: